Network of Organizations Working with People with Disabilities (NOWPDP), is a non-governmental organization which works to promote an inclusive society through holistic and sustainable endeavors in the areas of education and economic empowerment.
NOWPDP is seeking an individual to provide assistance in ‘yaqeeen’, the Disability Consulting Program. The program aims to develop institutions into equal opportunity providers, inclusive of people with disabilities. The incumbent will be required to work on to include people with disabilities (PWD) into the workplace, in collaboration with partner organizations. The incumbent will also be required to overlook other aspects of the department/organization, if and when required.
· Establish relations with organizations to assemble a database of PWD candidates.
· Establish relations with organizations looking to implement the Disability Consulting framework.
· Any additional liaison and partnership requirements for the program.
· Work on generating ideas and content to increase the visibility of the program.
· Establish contact with special education schools to identify and recommend PWD candidates for employment at client organizations.
· Establish regular communication with special education schools on the employment status of PWD candidates.
· Any additional employment/enrollment requirements for the program.
· Maintain and add to NOWPDP’s candidate database
Research, Analysis & Reporting
· Conduct, transcribe and analyze Focus Group Discussions & Interviews.
· Carry out research on different aspects of the program if and when required.
· Measurement, Learning & Evaluation for all aspects of the program.
· Collection and entry of data related to program activities.
· Cataloguing of monitoring and evaluation documentation
· Co-ordination of staff/consultant/participant travel and accommodation.
· Filing and management of program documents.
· Any additional administrative support required.
Perform all other duties that fall under the scope and responsibility of a Program Associate. This includes all other tasks assigned by the Program Manager.
NOTE: Job Responsibilities may change on the discretion of the director/direct supervisor, in which case this Job description will be revised.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
Qualification and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree with a major in Social Sciences (preferred).
· 1-2 years of work in social development sector preferred
· Fresh Graduates can apply
· Knowledge of recruitment and disability issues.
· Experience in monitoring & evaluation and field research preferred.
NOWPDP is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with all disabilities, women and members of minority groups to apply for the position. The final candidate will be selected on a merit basis.
Please send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with job title in subject line.